Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I can see the Beauty again…. || Virginia Family Photographer

Photography has helped me see beauty again.  Beauty in people.  2 years ago, my family went through a tragic and devastating time.  All I saw for a long time was darkness, fog, and dead ends.  God has used photography to LIFT the FOG, TURN on the LIGHTS, and OPEN DOORS!

God was using photography to help me heal!  I needed to see beauty in people again.  I needed to trust people again.  I have learned that there are still good people in this world.  I don’t think that if I was just photographing flowers and hay bales that I would see the beauty in people.  The beauty on the inside that shows through a SMILE or a HUG, or a LAUGH!  Seeing Families interact with each other is BEAUTY!!  Watching brothers and sisters hug each other and HOLD HANDS is BEAUTY! 

I thought today, why I started a business and when did I make that decision?  I don’t remember.  I remember the month, it was in Dec 2010, but I don’t remember the reason I decided to open a Photography Business?  Because GOD wanted me to that’s why.  That’s why I am doing this!  Simply because HE told me too.

I’ve never had any formal training in photography, heck, I have never even been in a darkroom, except once in 7th grade with a boy I didn’t know and it scared me half to death because I couldn’t see anything even with that stupid red light bulb.  People ask me all the time, where did you learn photography?  I don’t know.  I just had the interest and the urge to learn, bought a DSLR camera, studied blogs on the internet, took lots of pictures of cows and haybales, and used my beautiful daughter as my test subject.  And to tell you the truth….I didn’t really like photographing people at first.  I just did it because I’m a Mom and I love to photograph my children, but I really didn’t want to take pictures of other people.  But GOD wanted me too. 

That’s why I’m here.  That’s why I’m here at this place, in this time, taking pictures of Families, Babies, Pregnancies, Kids!  Because HE wants me too.  He brings the right people to me.  To heal me.  To show me that there is still beauty in this world.  It’s through a baby’s cry, a Mom’s touch, a hug from sister, a push from brother, a GROUP HUG with a Family!  That’s what BEAUTY is about!

056ZuckerwarsFBIMG_7759fbIMG_8858fb

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...